Thursday, February 21, 2013

Two FOTDs using the Urban Decay Vice Palette

Being this week is my break off of school, I've had the opportunity to play around with my eyeshadow. This has resulted in two looks from the same palette, which is where the 10% of my coloured shadows come from. The Urban Decay Vice palette came from their holiday collection, and retailed for $59. Unfortunately, it is no longer available. "I feel bad for showing this," says every guru ever. If you grabbed it, lucky you. If not, I am sorry.
I will be showing you two looks I created in the past two days with this palette, one neutral and one not.
Urban Decay Vice Palette

February 19, 2013: "Mermaid Eyes" (I don't even know, I'm terrible at naming things)

The majority of my face routine never changes, unless I get a new foundation. To prime, I use Urban Decay's De-Slick. Foundation, I use Revlon's Whipped Creme Foundation. The foundation is generally thick enough that I don't need to use a concealer. Rimmel Stay Matte for pressed powder. NYX Nude Matte eyeshadow for eyebrows (I don't remember the name, it either has "dancing" or "serbia" in it). I normally do a cat eye with Revlon Colourstay's liquid eye pen. Mascaras are dependant, but as of this post, I layer Rimmel's Scandaleyes with Revlon's GrowLucious. Eyeshadow, blush and lip colour are dependant on the day.

For a base, I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, over a primer. I typically use Lorac's primer, it's one of my favourites. I put "Anonymous" (a matte white based cream, middle of the bottom row) all over the lid, using a standard shader brush. I used the green shade from the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette as a blending colour, but it really didn't make any difference in the final look. I took "Junkie" (an emerald green with chunks of gold glitter which are finely milled into the shadow and don't go anywhere, far left shade in the second row) on a Lancome tapered blending brush and started working that into my outer corner. It blended a lot more easily than expected, I just thought it would be a cute little accent but BAM it's beautiful. After noticing a little something missing, I took "Chaos" (the most beautiful blue shadow I've ever used, an electric matte blue, to the right of Junkie) and patted that into what was left on the outer third of my eye.

For blush, I used ELF's "Twinkle Pink" from their studio line, and Urban Decay's "Naked" Lip Junkie, which was included with the Naked 2 palette.

Funny enough, I had mermaid hair after I washed it when mom told me we were leaving the house, and we went to the waterfront. That wasn't planned, I swear.

"Mermaid Eyes"
February 20, 2013: "Penny Lane" (wow, Brooke, just take the name of the eyeshadow why don't you)

Same face routine, blush the same as yesterday. NYX's Round Lipstick in Haute Melon.

For this look, I used the same lid shade as the day before. I put "Penny Lane" (a metallic-shimmer-whatever orange, last shade in the top row) in the crease, and "Muse" (a deep chestnutty colour, second colour in the top row) into the outer corner. This didn't blend as well as expected, but it's not like I left the house or anything, so who cares? It still ended up pretty. I smudged a burgundy-chestnut colour from the ELF 32 Warm Palette (aka the crappiest palette to exist, ever) on the lower lashline and called it good.

 "Penny Lane"

No comments:

Post a Comment